Future Inventor: how to think like Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs said “The people that really create the things that change this industry are both the thinker and doer in one person.”
A multi-activity hands-on program for your tween (9-13 years old) to carry out the design process, and make their own designed prototype.
Led by Innovation Consultant and founder of FreshBulb, Julie Beusmans, the young designers will participate in highly active games and stimulating exercises, learning about empathy, problem-solving, collaboration and experimentation along the way.
Fun & playful experiences both indoor and outdoor; it’s the best way to learn.
Cost includes lunch & snacks, a cap and all materials.
Just off the PIE and Adam Road, The Hollandse Club offers a child friendly, leafy setting appropriate for this fun holiday programme. Parents can enjoy the restaurant facilities whilst the young people play!
Five educational benefits:
The children learn how to
- understand, adopt and apply the design process: how to empathize with and understand the user/stakeholder, how to frame the design challenge, how to generate ideas, how to prototype and test solutions, how to iterate in between the phases.
- develop creative thinking skills of problem solving, collaboration, risk-taking, critical thinking, experimentation, making creative connections and challenging assumptions
- develop life skills, such as empathy, communication, self esteem, team work, dealing with change
- to apply their learning to everyday situations
- be resourceful and resilient.
1. observing and talking to the users and fellow participants in their natural environment
2. high activity games which will stimulate them to think out of the box
3. games which will stimulate them to experiment
4. exercises using creative tools and a wide variety of materials to explore and experience new ways of visualization
5. interactive activities that will stimulate collaboration, that will show the children each individual’s strengths and that will build their confidence
ONLY small group intake; to avoid disappointment REGISTER NOW!
- The event description was updated. Diff 2014-05-18 14:26:24
[ Tue ] - [ Thu ]
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM SGT
Standard SOLD OUT $245.00 Buddy and me SOLD OUT $445.00 Early Bird SOLD OUT $199.00
- Venue Address
- Hollandse Club, 22 Camden Park (off Adam Road), Singapore 299814 Singapore
Just off the PIE (Adam Road exit) and on bus routes 74,93,157,165, 852, 855.
SoCh in Action44 Followers